In honor of the Foundation’s yearlong celebration of its 10-year anniversary, a special Collaborative meeting was held on Wednesday, September 27 from 8:30am – 1:30pm at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South to acknowledge the work that nonprofit partners do within the community. Nearly 150 individuals from over 70 organizations came to celebrate. In addition to informal networking, a 360 Camera, individual and organizational prizes, swag and a collaborative art project, the program included:
Fireside Chat: Celebrating the Resilience and Community Impact of Nonprofits
- Lina Dostilio, Vice Chancellor of Engagement and Community Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Kendra Janelle Ross, Head of Social Impact, Duolingo
Two Rotating Sessions:
- Jefferson Community Collaborative: A History of Coalitions, Partnerships, and Alliances
- Speed Networking – Tell Your Story with Pizzazz
- Peggy Morrison Outon, Principal, Excelsior Consulting
- Danielle Parson, Executive Director, Professional Women’s Network
Spoken Word: FingerPrints – A Legacy of Impact
- Johnathan White, Associate Professor, U.S. and African-American Studies and Co-Director, Stewart and Jones Scholar-Leadership Program, Penn State Greater Allegheny
Slides from the presentation can be found here.
Please also save that date for our next Collaborative meeting on Thursday, November 30 from 8:30am-11:00am at the Georgetown Centre. The meeting will focus on engaging with Community Voice Fund grantees to hear key takeaways from community conversations.