The first Collaborative meeting of 2024, scheduled for Thursday, February 22 from 8:30-11:00am at Commonwealth Charter Academy in the Waterfront will focus on the work that the Civic and Policy Engagement Action Team has facilitated to elevate the importance of advocacy as it relates to nonprofits. Meeting goals include:
- Provide an update on the recruitment process for Vision Council members.
- Recognize the impact of data on advocacy efforts for nonprofit organizations.
- Discover strategies for advocacy as described by key nonprofit leaders.
- Participate in an advocacy activity to promote increased confidence when engaging with legislators.
- Complete the meeting survey.
Attendees will have the opportunity to listen to nonprofit advocates share their work and engage in a learning exercise around advocacy. The advocacy panel includes:
- Rochelle Jackson, CEO, Black Women’s Policy Center
- AJ Jefferson, CEO, Homeless Children’s Education Fund
- Ken Regal, Executive Director, Just Harvest
- Jada Shirriel, CEO, Healthy Start Pittsburgh
A light continental breakfast will be provided.
Parking is accessible in the lot outside of Commonwealth Charter Academy across from Barnes & Noble in the Waterfront. If you have any trouble locating the Collaborative Meeting, please contact Danny Vereb at 412-352-0832.
Click the link here to RSVP.