The Allegheny County Health Department is sharing an important reminder that getting a flu shot is more crucial than ever right now for all residents because:
- Symptoms of seasonal flu and COVID-19 are similar.
- The flu accounts for hundreds fall and winter hospitalizations each year. Keeping individuals out of the hospital because of the flu means that hospital staff can focus on patients with COVID-19.
The Health Department has created a searchable map of sites where you and your community members can get the flu shot. Shots are even available for free to those without insurance at select sites. View the map and read site details here!
The Health Department is happy to work with partner organizations in offering vaccines:
- If your organization will be holding a flu shot event, or if you have a clinic or location that offers flu shots to the public, you can add your information to the flu map here.
If your organization would like to provide flu shots at an event or gathering, please email email@example.com to be matched with a partner who can help vaccinate your community.
Additionally, the Health Department would like to remind residents that getting a COVID-19 vaccine is the best way to protect you and your family and to help reduce community spread of the virus.
On the Health Department’s website, interested organizations and residents can:
- Learn about the available COVID-19 vaccines as well as who is eligible, who should get a booster, and how receiving a vaccine benefits you, your family, and your community.
- Access a Health Department created vaccine scheduling system to make scheduling a vaccination appointment easy for residents.
- Find a map of all COVID-19 vaccine sites in Allegheny County.
Organizations and residents can find up to date information on Allegheny County Health Department vaccination clinics by visiting their website or following them on Twitter, Instagram, and Facebook. The Health Department encourages you to share this information with your communities.