Where would residents be without the support of not-for-profit community-serving organizations that positively impact health and well-being within the Jefferson service area? The Jefferson Regional Foundation recognizes that the work of nonprofits is challenging and this work warrants celebration. Without the work of strong nonprofits in our community, the Jefferson Regional Foundation would not be effective.
In honor of the Foundation’s yearlong celebration of our 10-year anniversary, we are hosting a special Collaborative meeting to acknowledge our partners for the work that they do within the community. RSVP here to celebrate with us on Wednesday, September 27 from 8:30am – 1:30pm at the Crowne Plaza Pittsburgh South (164 Fort Couch Road, Pittsburgh, PA 15241)!
Registration closes on Wednesday, September 20 at 12:00pm and is limited to three participants per organization. Exceptions will be considered – please contact Danny Vereb at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fireside Chat: Celebrating the Resilience and Community Impact of Nonprofits
- Dr. Lina Dostilio, Vice Chancellor of Engagement and Community Affairs, University of Pittsburgh
- Dr. Kendra Janelle Ross, Head of Social Impact, Duolingo
- Jefferson Community Collaborative: A History of Coalitions, Partnerships, and Alliances
- Speed Networking – Tell Your Story with Pizzazz
- Peggy Morrison Outon, Principal, Excelsior Consulting
- Danielle Parson, Executive Director, Professional Women’s Network
Spoken Word: Uplifting Nonprofits
- Dr. Johnathan White, Associate Professor, U.S. and African-American Studies and Co-Director, Stewart and Jones Scholar-Leadership Program, Penn State Greater Allegheny
The Celebration Continues:
Informal Networking, 360 Camera, Enter to Win Gifts, Swag, SPLAT! Art Studio Collaborative Art Project, Continental Breakfast, Plated Lunch
Jefferson Community Collaborative Description
The Jefferson Community Collaborative is a network of community-serving organizations who are committed to working together to improve health and well-being in parts of Pittsburgh’s South Hills and Mon Valley, referred to by the Jefferson Regional Foundation as the Jefferson service area. The Collaborative is an incubator for community building, a tool for improving the capacity of community-serving organizations and facilitating collective action that advances community aspirations.
- Our Mission: To bring together not-for-profit community-serving organizations to positively impact and support the health and well-being of the communities within the Jefferson service area.
- Our Vision: To ensure that we are equitably meeting the needs and valuing the assets of communities as identified by residents within the Jefferson service area with the outcome of maintaining healthy communities.
- Hosted and staffed by the Jefferson Regional Foundation.
- Composed of community-serving not-for-profit organizations, municipalities, school districts, faith communities, government agencies and stakeholders who support health and well-being within the Jefferson service area.
- The Foundation embraces diversity, equity, and inclusion as important organizational values and intentionally utilizes an equity lens in its practices. Partners of the Jefferson Community Collaborative are encouraged to adhere to these tenets as community-serving organizations supporting the Jefferson service area.
- The Collaborative convenes quarterly meetings throughout the year and offers capacity building programs to support not-for-profit partners both virtually and in person.
- Participating partner organizations may not compete with any activities of the Allegheny Health Network.
- Highlight the strengths of community by hosting meetings within various locations of the Jefferson service area for community-serving organizations to network.
- Work in partnership with participating organizations to elevate resident voice and address community needs within the Jefferson service area.
- Provide resources and training for Collaborative partners aimed at improving the overall health and well-being of the Jefferson service area.
- Provide opportunities to work together on cross-sector solutions to key challenges within the Jefferson service area.